This is a healthy and fun recipe especially for kids who can be really bored with the regular fare in food.
Mix Dal (tur dal, Udad Dal, Masoor dal, Channa Dal, Moong Dal) – 1 Cup
Mix Flour: Rice Flour, Wheat Flour, Soya Flour, Ragi Flour, Jowar Flour, Bajra Flour – 1 Cup
Onion – Finely Chopped 1
Corriander Leaves – finely chopped, a small handful
Ginger 11/2 Inch Piece
Curry Leaves – 1 Sprig
Dried Red Chillies – 5-6 Depending on taste
Haldi Powder – 1 Teaspoon
Red chilli powder (as Required)
Salt to taste
Oil/ Ghee to fry
- Take the mix dals and soak them for about five hours. After that grind it with ginger, Curry leaves and Dried red chillies to make a smooth batter like dosa batter. Add salt to taste and Keep it overnight to ferment.
- Next day to the fremented batter add the chopped onion, Corriander leaves, Haldi, and red chilli powder, if reqiured.
- Add all the mix Flours, and adjust the salt if required. The consistency should be like Dosa batter. Add water or buttermilk to adjust the consistency.
- Heat the Tawa and add one spoon oil and spread it. Put the batter on the Tawa and cook like dosa.
- Serve hot with onion and coconut Chutney, or any other chutney, that you like.